Our research activities are grouped into the following projects:
Atomic and molecular forces
'From high precision force measurements to mechanisms of self-assembly'
• Atomic scale 3D force field spectroscopy of atoms and molecules
• Atomically defined tips - FIM-AFM
• Self-assembly processes of organic molecules
'The Physics of Superlow Friction'
• Interfacial adhesion
• Nanoparticle manipulation
• Temperature dependence of nanoscale friction
• Tribological properties of artifical structures
'Ion jump dynamics in nanoscale volumes'
• Time domain electrostatic force spectroscopy (TD-EFS)
• Ion conduction enhancement effects at interfaces
• Monte-Carlo simulations of ion dynamics